Most professional guides/outfitters know how to prepare your trophy. Below are some guidelines for all hunters & fishermen to use. ALWAYS contact Sportsman’s Addiction Bugling Elk Taxidermy BEFORE shipping for any last minute instructions
Hunting or Fishing Trophies in the US
- Wrap trophy in plastic.
- Insulate with 2 - 3 inches of paper is prefered.
- Mark box "Perishable" & use next day air or overnight.
- Contact Sportsman’s Addition Bugling Elk Taxidermy so we know when and with whom to expect your shipment.
- Make sure cape has dried completely, eyes, lips, and ears have been turned, and all excess meat has been removed from the hide.
- DO NOT wrap in plastic! Place the cape in the box by itself or wrap in paper or burlap.
- Skull caps of large antlers can be split to allow for easier shipping.
- Wrap antlers with packing to protect them during shipping (Bubble and peanut).
- Antlers must be shipped separately from the cape so the plastic is not touching the cape.
- Use pieces of cut up garden hose over the tines to prevent the tines from poking out the box.
Please include the following information with your shipment
PHONE (Cell, work and home)
HUNTING LICENSE #
TAG / SEAL #
Contact us prior to shipping Migratory Waterfowl. Federal Identification tags must accompany these birds during shipment.
Bugling Elk Taxidermy
27500 SW 166 Avenue